Re: Door phone for residence

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Door Fon !!! (ADI sells em)
>
> Most excellent, easy to install. Handles up to two doors/gates, and  you can
> add on a door strike module too. I've put in abt 10 in the last year. Good
> money too.
>
> I put the module in the SWB along with my alarm wires. Double gang
> electrical box at the fd or gate...piece o'cake!  Run it to the SWB because
> it's not a low voltage powered device, it has a 120v cord, so ya just plug
> the module into the SWB outlet and since your phones go to the swb your all
> done. I run a cat 5 to the FD or Gate...and your done. oh,  yeah...no moving
> parts either.
>
> Stainless or Bright Brass (sorta)

I've used this one also. Good product. Quality seems good. A Couple in
for about two years now.

Two comments. If the power goes out, when it comes back up, the phone
rings as if someone is at the door. ( woke up my client in the middle
of the night) we couldn't figure out why it rang in the middle of the
night until he noticed clock blinking.

Tech support consist of one guy (who  I think is the owner, chief cook
and bottle washer too) who's not always in the office. Oriental, with
an accent and not too easy to understand what he's saying.