Question on Which Brand to Buy

Hello group. I am building a new townhouse and pre-wiring for an alarm
system comes with the package. I am new to all this so I am asking for
guidance on type and brand. Here are my thoughts:

I will have 2800 square feet (finished basement with egress windows,
main level with two entry doors (front and rear) and an upstairs with
three bedrooms). I am mostly concerned with intrusion detection and not
fire. I am thinking door, window and motion detection for basement and
main level would be adequate (nothing upstairs). A keypad and some type
of remote keypad/buzzer in the master bedroom. I would like a system
that is capable of connecting to my home network and Internet and be
capable of emailing my blackberry for all events (arm, disarm, alarm).
I don't want my system monitored and not really sure I want a big
bell on the outside of the house but I do want to be awaken in the
middle of the night should an alarm get tripped. Being able to add
video in the future would be nice as well.

I believe in buying quality especially for something like an alarm
system and the ability to do upgrades is important as well. I am
somewhat familiar with ADEMCO, APEX and OMNI. Does anyone have any
thoughts on any of this or care to share a personal experience with
alarm systems pitfalls? Thanks in advance.