Re: Motion Detector Ademco 998IP

Seems to me that you've answered your own question but have the wiring
sequence wrong.  If you have a volt meter, put the positive lead from it on
the red wire and the negative lead on the black.  If' your reading a
positive 12 VDC then the correct wire sequence should be:  Black, Red,
White, Green (from top to bottom).

Regards,
Frank
(No, not that "Frank".  The other one.)