Re: Christians, Jews, or Other: Which are the Best Alarm People?

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>I've ordered from you in the past.  People pick on you all the time in
>>these news groups.  I wonder if it is because you post political crap
>>here...
>

> Nah.  It's because I stood up to a few bullies who think this is *their*
> newsgroup.  Everyone posts political crap in ASA.  If stating what I believe
> about a criminal posing as the President costs me a sale, so be it.  If speaking
> the truth about the illegal war in Iraq, the lies Bush told to get us to accept
> it, the destruction of the US economy leading to the worst deficits in all
> history and the illegal wiretapping of American citizens means I lost a sale,
> well OK.
>
> On-topic content follows:  I sell alarm systems to DIYers.

That's not "topical" for this Group.  DIY isn't even mentioned in the
original purpose message which created this Group.  Neither are
multi-megabyte messages containing undecipherable HTML or hundreds of
links to your on line store.  I didn't see one "thank you" from anyone
for the garbage you've been spewing about, by the way.  I imagine you
got lots of email from people thanking your though.

Here's the original proposal message for the Group:

This is a proposal for the creation of the unmoderated newsgroup
named  alt.security.alarms  on March 24, 1996.

This group is intended to be an unmoderated forum for the discussion
of security alarm systems for homes, business and vehicles.  It will
serve as a forum for members of the alarm industry to interact with
each other as well as answer questions from the public.

Anyone who wishes to discuss security alarm systems are welcome to
participate, however some rules should be followed:

- Discussion of alarm systems and their installation, use and features
shall in no way jeopardize the effectiveness of any existing or future
alarm system.  Requests for information regarding bypassing systems,
master codes and the like shall be ignored by all other participants.

- Messages which are cross-posted to this newsgroup advertising goods
or services not directly related to the alarm industry shall be
considered spamming of the newsgroup and ignored by all participants.

- Advertisements of any type shall not be allowed.  Announcements of
new products or services directly to the alarm industry will be
permitted providing they do not provide pricing or ordering information.
  An email address or phone number shall be provided so that people with
inquiries can respond by private email or phone instead of the newsgroup.

Steven M. Ryckman

More information regarding the Group's purpose and FAQ can be viewed here:
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/aboutasa.htm
and
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/asafaq.htm

Frank Olson