Re: ADT System Types

> You have a good point there ! I found the three day drive back this time
> very trying, especially leaving the 90 degree weather I did and arriving
> back to 30 degrees at home....a real bummer !  I swear, your blood thins out
> when you spend any time down south...:))

Mine didn't.  I went back to CT to take care of some business last year and it
was comfy to me at around 40ºF.  My wife, being from the tropics, thinks
anything less than 80ºF is freezing.  Maybe all those years I spent skiing made
me a bit immune to the cold.  I've skied Mt. Killington at -30º a few times.

> I gave my son express instructions to forget about installing and only do
> service work. I figured that wouldn't really keep him very busy, but would
> keep all my clients happy. However, when I got back, he had done all the
> service work, installed 8 systems, and sold and booked a dozen more.....!!!!
> He's working out well and customers like him a lot, and say so often to
> me.....

Well, you keep saying that once he's ready you're out of there.  How about you
bring the wife down for a few days next July.  I'll be in Brazil again from
mid-February until around July 1, 2007.  Carnaval is in February and the festa
Sao Joao is in late June.  After that we'll be in the States for at least three
or four months.  The pool is fabulous and the beach is ummm, well-decorated that
time of year.  (Shhh.  Don't tell Jiminex)

> Once I'm out of it, he will definately need someone to do the installs and
> we're looking at a fellow who works for one of the big companies and
> installs "on the side" for a lot of smaller companies who know about him.
> He's a superb installer, and fast as well, but gotta check out the insurance
> and liability issues first....

Client-side liabilities remain the same whether you do it yourself or farm it
out.  Employees need insurance coverage.  I don't know Canadian law but in the
USA if you have worker's comp plus the standard finished works coverage you're
reasonably secure.

> Next year a minimum of two months in Florida (AND with the motorcycle in
> tow)....superb roads to see in Georgia and Alabama....

Superb.  Just don't come in the spring.  We like to spend late winter through
spring in Brazil.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.