Re: DIY COMPONENTS . COM

Frank, I wasn't even including the likes of AlarmForce in that reference
page. They are definately in a league all their own. The "free system"
financing option is a valid way to buy. I just resent the cheesy and
disreputable way most of these companies don't tell the truth fully up
front. AlarmForce on the other hand, in my experience, not only put in a
poor coverage system, but the client never even owns the damn thing (not
that he'd want to if he knew anything about what else is available). I have
replaced so many of their mickey mouse wireless 2 door and a motion systems,
I've lost count. They have done a typical high pressure advertising job,
where any one with experience in our business knows they are skirting the
truth painfully close to a lie. They sell the "sizzle" not the "steak", and
its pure gimmick. Plus an advertising campaign a while ago where they
literally told the bad guys how to disable a conventional alarm smacked of
pure negligence.

I once met a guy working up in Pembroke at a locksmithing shop who
apparently used to be one of their chief technicians. He told me he
personally often installed as many as a dozen systems a day, which tells you
a lot about how they train their customers. Even he thought that it was all
nonsense.

The really sad thing is that they are being very successful. I don't know
what that says about the sophistication and knowledge level of the average
consumer / buyer, but its not good. Frankly, after years of railing against
these dubious companies, I have given up. If the consumer wants to buy that
way, so be it. A fool and his money are soon parted...

Unfortunately, he's just another player contributing to the cheapening of
our market....

RHC

"Frank Olson" <Please-use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:3IgXe.511882$s54.330501@xxxxxxxxxxx