Re: DIY COMPONENTS . COM

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_9adnYRIrKth8LDeRVn-uA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Maybe something like this....??...:))))
>
> RHC
>
> rant mode "on"...
>
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/rh.campbell/biglie.htm
>
> rant mode..."off".....

Nice piece.  It doesn't quite "fit" the "AlarmFarce" model though.  They
offer free equipment and *service* for the $25.00 per month.  From the radio
ad:  "All you'll ever pay is just $25.00 per month for the monitoring".  I
really "like" their latest one.  The one where Mr. Matlin states:  "An alarm
salesman comes to your door and asks you for a deposit.  Would you give your
money to this stranger?  Why not call AlarmFarce?  We monitor over 120,000
satisfied customers across Canada.  Our exclusive "AlarmVoice" technology is
the only system that connects you to a live operator in the event of an
emergency ."  That is *if* the perp hasn't ripped off the control
panel/keypad located next to the phone jack in the kitchen.  The PIR is in
the foyer covering the entrance door and stairs which has the only door
contact on it.  Duh-h-hhh!

Operator:  "Attention, this is the AlarmFarce Central Station.  Identify
yourself immediately"

Burglar:  "Hello.  My name is Bill, and I'm your burglar for today.  I'm
going to walk into the living room over there and help myself to the stereo
and DVD player.  Then I'm going up to the bedroom and help myself to the
high quality goods I'll find in the little woman's jewelry box.  I'll be
long gone before you're able to send someone.  Have a nice day!"