Re: Insurance "alarm sensor"/monitoring requirements?

"Bill" <bill190nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> For a two story three bedroom home with garage door, back door, and front
> door. One bedroom downstairs, two bedrooms upstairs....
>
> For burglary, what do insurance companies require for *minimum* devices
> installed to get the highest discount off your insurance. (Like all
> perimeter doors have sensors, one interior motion sensor, U.L. monitoring
> station???)
>
> For fire? (minimum number of smoke detectors/heat sensors, etc., and where
> installed???)

All most insurance companies require is confirmation (usually a certificate)
stating that there is a "system" installed and that it's being monitored for
burg and fire.  Even the certificates we issue don't detail the level of
protection.  As far as I'm concerned that's no one's buisness but the
home-owner.  That *is* why they call it "security", after all.  :-))