Re: Graham MIA?

Allan Waghalter wrote:

> I don't waste my time slamming people for mistakes they may have made.  I
> assure you that the people you refer to who may have been responsible for
> bad things, live in their own private hell.  They don't need you to
> constantly remind them of their indiscretions.

Allen, I'd have to slightly disagree with that philosophy. In the case
of someone who is BLATANTLY, REPEATEDLY and INTENTIONALLY responsible
for "bad things", if you don't take the stand of constantly pointing
out those "indiscrestions", they become acceptable. Ignoring it is
precisely the attitude that allows the lowering of the level of what is
deemed right and wrong. If no one speaks up in the presence of
outrageous conduct, it only becomes more outrageous and more
acceptable. ie, people just get used to the din of inequity getting
just a little bit louder ....a little bit louder. If you look at our
society today, as compared to 50 years ago, you'll get a good idea of
the progress of outrageous conduct. In reality there's no stoping the
progress of what is offensive and what isn't, but we sure as hell have
a moral obligation to slow it down as much as we can.

> Let the man with no sins
> cast the first stone....

So that would mean that no one should ever take a stand against
anything wrong. Let chaos rule. Anything is acceptable because no one
is perfect.

Sorry Allen. That just isn't going to work.