Re: job quotes

I have a Excel spreadsheet I use for estimates...with all my commonly used
parts in it.
I don't charge by the point because after doin this for 20+ years I know how
long it takes to do a job.
The spreadsheet will calculate everything for me and I can adjust markup
globally or by the part.

Then I just have a template for proposals in Word with most of the stuff
already in it...bada bing. On small uncomplicated jobs it takes me no more
than 10-15 minutes from estimate to faxing to client. For big jobs where I
actually have to "think" about system design...it takes longer of course.