Re: job quotes

Yah, I'm using Excel as well but you have to make sure your prices are
current, cutting & pasting is tedious, and on and on...
I bet you spend more than 15 minutes.
Funny thing is I find most of the time I can double my parts cost and I'm
pretty damn close. Even if I was low, I'd have saved all the Microsoft
tinkering time.

> I have a Excel spreadsheet I use for estimates...with all my commonly used
> parts in it.
> I don't charge by the point because after doin this for 20+ years I know
how
> long it takes to do a job.
> The spreadsheet will calculate everything for me and I can adjust markup
> globally or by the part.
>
> Then I just have a template for proposals in Word with most of the stuff
> already in it...bada bing. On small uncomplicated jobs it takes me no more
> than 10-15 minutes from estimate to faxing to client. For big jobs where I
> actually have to "think" about system design...it takes longer of course.
>

> "mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Any of you chaps that don't sub-contract care to share how you quote
your
> > average res jobs? This is driving me batty. I find I spend more time
> > dicking
> > around with mark-ups and estimating time (and these friggin things
ALWAYS