Re: "Blanks" kill actors

news:1126113661.132645.227890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<snip> <snip>
> it's a given that when free men loose their right to bear arms  ..... ,
> they've taken the first step towards loosing their freedom.
>
> Keeping it within the contents of the ratio of firearms to the number
> of people ..... When you consider the number of firearms in the hands
> of the (U.S.) public, and compare that to the number of "incidents",
> it's almost ridiculous to think that there is a "gun problem". As
> always, however, sensationalism is the mainstay of the media, and you
> never hear about the lives saved, crimes stopped and bad guys captured
> or exterminated, by armed people. Happens EVERYDAY, dozens of times.
> When's the last time anyone here has heard of a good thing that's
> happened because someone had a firearm. There've been so many incidents
> that have occured that if there had only been ONE person there with a
> firearm, some madman could have been stopped in his tracks before
> massacring dozens of people. Yet, everytime one of these incidents
> occurs, the politicos insist that keeping firearms from law abiding
> citizens will stop this in the future. After that you can simply sit
> there and wait for the authorities to show up and protect you. Not the
> dead people of course. Just the survivors. And the media NEVER EVER
> says otherwise. What is the non aware person to think in the face of
> this overpowering agenda of the liberal mindset? That we can all sit
> down in a meadow, with flowers on our heads and sing Gombyah, and all
> the bad stuff will simply go away ..... while the "government" takes
> care of you.
>
> Yeah, sure. Seems to me, that's happened before, somewhere in history,
> with never any good consequences for the common citizen.
>
> Step by step, the way is being prepared to confiscate firearms.
> Registration of firearms is always the first step. How else will they
> know where they are, when the time comes? For those of you who are
> young and want to keep your firearms long term, I'd suggest that you
> make provisions now, to do so. Day by day, inch by inch, you are
> loosing your ability to bear arms. Eventually, a ruling by the Supreme
> Court will likely declare that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to
> the individual. Then , those who didn't stand up for their rights now,
> will understand why we, of this generation, were so adamant in our
> fight to support the right to bear arms. Along with the individuals
> right to be free, HAS to go the right to individually protect that
> freedom, and ones life and property and all their other inalienable
> rights.
>
> Otherwise, it's all simply a sham. Without the right to protect
> yourself, your rights and anything that you have, is fair game to
> anyone who wants to take it.... by either an individual, a gang or a
> government.
>
> Hmmm, After that, I feel like standing up and singing the Nationl
> Anthem! Where'd I put my American flag?

If anyone thinks the government will take care of them, look at New Orleans.
I'm not against the government (although sometimes it's good to not get all
the government you pay for) but they are pretty much powerless to protect
their citizens against looting, carjackings, rapes and robbery even in the
best of times, let alone when there is a national disaster. Makes sense to
be self-sufficient to some degree, including the ability to protect yourself
against the unsavory elements of out society.

Bob