Re: "Blanks" kill actors

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Yes, my comments were in regards to the first situation.
>
> The second I hadn't heard about. But the prop man should have checked the
> gun each and every time he picked it up, including ensuring the barrel was
> free of obstructions. Had he done so, he would have seen the blockage before
> he passed it over to the actor.
>
> I know hindsight is always 20 / 20, but clearing and checking a firearm
> EVERY time it is picked up or changes hands is basic to every firearms
> course I have ever heard of....
>
> RHC

It's been spoken of for years of late, but why is it that years ago,
(30 -50 ) there was never any problem with firearms. Most every rural
and suburban household had a firearm of one sort or another. If the
family wasn't into shooting sports, or hunting, the device just sort of
stayed in the closet and no one, even the kids, touched it. My whole
family (based upstate NY and Canada) were hunters and firearm owners.
The kids were taken hunting, allowed to shoot small bore at very early
ages (.22 and 410)both boys and girls, (if they wanted to) and there
was never a problem with threats, anyone being killed, intentionally or
accidently. Hunting season was a happy, friendly, getting family
together time. Women cooking and preparing meals for the returning
hunters ..... Venison, rabbit, squirrel, even black bear. Cousins
seeing one another again. Looking back, it seems like a Norman Rockwell
painting. Firearms were always all around us, and especially during
those times. There was NEVER any problem or incident involving a
firearm.

What's the problem now? Is it just more publicized? Is it just a
political football, to be used to gain votes? Nowdays there are less
people exposed to firearms thus they're easy prey to the bad press of
the media and politicians? I don't know, but to my way of thinking,
considering what history has shown us, a multitude of times in the
past, even if you don't personally own a firearm or want too ......
it's a given that when free men loose their right to bear arms  ..... ,
they've taken the first step towards loosing their freedom.

Keeping it within the contents of the ratio of firearms to the number
of people ..... When you consider the number of firearms in the hands
of the (U.S.) public, and compare that to the number of "incidents",
it's almost ridiculous to think that there is a "gun problem". As
always, however, sensationalism is the mainstay of the media, and you
never hear about the lives saved, crimes stopped and bad guys captured
or exterminated, by armed people. Happens EVERYDAY, dozens of times.
When's the last time anyone here has heard of a good thing that's
happened because someone had a firearm. There've been so many incidents
that have occured that if there had only been ONE person there with a
firearm, some madman could have been stopped in his tracks before
massacring dozens of people. Yet, everytime one of these incidents
occurs, the politicos insist that keeping firearms from law abiding
citizens will stop this in the future. After that you can simply sit
there and wait for the authorities to show up and protect you. Not the
dead people of course. Just the survivors. And the media NEVER EVER
says otherwise. What is the non aware person to think in the face of
this overpowering agenda of the liberal mindset? That we can all sit
down in a meadow, with flowers on our heads and sing Gombyah, and all
the bad stuff will simply go away ..... while the "government" takes
care of you.

Yeah, sure. Seems to me, that's happened before, somewhere in history,
with never any good consequences for the common citizen.

Step by step, the way is being prepared to confiscate firearms.
Registration of firearms is always the first step. How else will they
know where they are, when the time comes? For those of you who are
young and want to keep your firearms long term, I'd suggest that you
make provisions now, to do so. Day by day, inch by inch, you are
loosing your ability to bear arms. Eventually, a ruling by the Supreme
Court will likely declare that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to
the individual. Then , those who didn't stand up for their rights now,
will understand why we, of this generation, were so adamant in our
fight to support the right to bear arms. Along with the individuals
right to be free, HAS to go the right to individually protect that
freedom, and ones life and property and all their other inalienable
rights.

Otherwise, it's all simply a sham. Without the right to protect
yourself, your rights and anything that you have, is fair game to
anyone who wants to take it.... by either an individual, a gang or a
government.

Hmmm, After that, I feel like standing up and singing the Nationl
Anthem! Where'd I put my American flag?