Re: Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

"joe" <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bob Worthy wrote:
>
> > Keep flapping your lip, because all you are doing is showing your
ignorance
> > to a law that you have previously claimed to be so knowledgeable about.
> > have not only asked you about your knowledge, but told you, that there
is
> > more to the statute than your meager comprehension is capable of
> > understanding. But would you listen throught that thick headed ego of
yours,
> > NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You have just proven your incompentance of
understanding
> > what you say you have read and understood. Obviously you focused on what
you
> > thought only pertained to you (not suprising)  instead of the entire
> > statute. If you are going to comment, get your facts straight. You won't
> > look like such a bafoon!
> >

> I have a question Bob.  Why would ADI not be inviolation for abetting
> unlicensed activity by selling to an unlicensed individual

If they were under some sort of licensing regulation they would be guilty
but they are not required to have a license.

[in violation
> of their corp policy, as stated on the signs in their stores,  by the
> way]

Some locations are better than others about requiring the license. I believe
they pretty much all require proof of licensure when the account is set up.
But here is the problem besides not auditing their own files. They sell alot
of equipment that does not require a license to install. Car alarms for
instance. An account is set up and the company comes in for years buying car
alarms. The counter guys get to know them by first name, account number is
right on the tip of their fingers and then one day a guy puts a motion
dectector or a camera on the counter. They don't have any way at hand to see
if the guy is licensed to install the equipment or do they even think about
it. The next thing you know the guy is buying all sort of security
equipment. It is even worse to see the employees of companies buying
equipment over the counter for cash. You know where that is going. My
suggestion is, if you see it happening and you have an account with ADI,
make it known that you realize they are selling wholesale to an unlicensed
company, company employees, or individuals walking in off the street. E-mail
corporate about violations of their own policies. The branch managers are
the ones ultimately responsible for what happens in their branches and then
again it is the monthly sales figures that drive their decissions.

who then sells to other unlicensed individuals?

The bASS types. Anyone can buy anything over the internet. Resellers are the
easiest way for unlicensed contractors to by equipment. Path of least
resistance.