Re: Please Help a NEWBIE - Question about cellular backups

Cellular IS radio, until it get's to the cellular radio service
provider, from there, most will Dial-In or IP-In to the Monitoring
Center which can be considered a point-of-failure.  Some Dealers may
have a local, private, radio network like AES IntelliNet which is radio
all-the-way.  We, the Monitoring Center provide access to our AES
IntelliNet Radio network to all of our dealers in the Phoenix area.
Signals from an AlarmNet Radio travels to the Central Station
all-the-way via Radio nationwide, provided the central station has an
alarmnet-i receiver with the mobitex radio backup.