Re: Please Help a NEWBIE - Question about cellular backups

Verizon used to sell a service that sent them a message if your phone
service went out-- presumably they could be told to notify your alarm
company which could notify the police.  That was one option when I got
my alarm installed ten years ago.

My alarm company offers cellular back-up for around $20/month
additional.  They also offer radio backup for the same price.  I think
that radio makes more sense...