Re: 5 ft. long drill bits at Home Depot!

I have one of those. Not only are t hey fun but they can be a real time
saver. I'll shoot from one side of a house (in frame stage) tie on a heavier
pull line and pull 5-10 openings at a time. And it's really cool to shoot an
employee with.

My guys still prefer tossers though, not me with my tennis elbow if I toss
too long I'm crippled the next day :-)

"joe" <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
| found a cable caster by Greenlee there yesterday while getting parts for a
| job.  A dart gun with a fishing reel on it to cast wires into hard to
reach
| areas.  looks like a cool toy.  should pay for itself if I use it once.
now
| just have to find a place to use it. :)

| > Yah they hide them in a piece of pvc pipe at the end of the electrical
| > isle.
| >
| > The only problem with them is the flutes get clogged because of the way
| > the
| > drill is welded to the rod, make sure you "unload" the hole of saw dust
| > frequently. Another tip....use a regular drill bit to get you started,
| > then
| > use the D'versibit. That way you'll have a nice straight guide hole AND
| > save
| > some life of the Dversibit. Oh, yeah...don't keep the drill running when
| > you're moving through an insulated wall or you could wrap the fiberglass
| > insulation around the drill.
| >

| > "Bill" <bill190nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |I found those 5 ft. long drill bits at Home Depot. They were in the
| > | electrical department, not in the tools section. And the bit has a
hole
| > | drilled in it so you can use it to fish wires after drilling a hole.
| > They
| > | are called D'versibit. Others with holes in the bits (for fishing
wires)
| > in
| > | the tool section are called "installer bits".
| > | Exactly what I was looking for - Thanks!
| > |
| > | I don't know how many times I have been in the electrical department
of
| > | Depot and yet never noticed these. They look like long rods (They are
| > | actually a long rod with a drill bit on the end), so I probably
thought
| > that
| > | was what they were.
| > |