Re: Another inept Bush pal leaves FEMA

Crash Gordon wrote:
> I'll take a concrete tilt up on St. Thomas.

EEwwwwwwe! Although St Thomas isn't at the "bottom" of my list of least
favorite places to go...... it is on the list. I was there about 5 6
years ago, visiting friends who were there doing some volunteer work
for the hospitals. We just stayed with them a few days before
chartering a yacht out of Charlotte Amalie to sail the BVI.

One day, we'd been jogging on the beach. We went back to the villa (
which, thankfully was half way up the side of a hill from the beach)
and while sitting at the pool, overlooking the bay, just before sunset,
we hear what sounds like an automatic weapon being fired. Sure enough,
a few minutes later, down on the beach, where we were running, one car
is chasing another car driving along the beach and they're actually
SHOOTING at one another just like in the movies! Next day, not a word
about it on the news or in the papers. We could only figure it had
something to do with drugs.

Other  reasons I don't much care for St Thomas, is too many cruise
ships and also the Rosti's. The Rosti's just don't do the tourist trade
any good and they're still in the process of ruining St John too. If
you're sailing the area, it's ok to visit, but to go to live there,
you'd better pick a secure spot and that means "oddles" of money. The
BVI (British Virgin Islands) are pretty good. There are some really
nice quite areas, but it's all pretty isolated unless you live in or
around Road Town on Tortola. More "poorer" areas than St Thomas though.
Cane Garden Bay has been really growing in the last five years or so. I
wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a very popular place. Some really
beautiful white sand and coconut palm tree beaches. And they have a Rum
factory there too!!!!!!! Take a look as some of the website of these
places. You'll see what I mean. Yost Van Dyke is a nice but farily
undeveloped island. If you had the money and wanted to get away from it
all, that'd REALLY be the place. White Bay has just about the whitest
sand I've ever seen.

This portion of the Travelog is complete. Press F4 to continue.