Re: Another inept Bush pal leaves FEMA

> Its a major payola town too. You can buy anything.

Do you know one that isn't?

> I went there once and won't ever go back.  I hated it.

The first time I went was during Mardis Gras many years ago.  It
was OK.  I rarely drink alcohol but it was very hot outside and
someone offered me a tall, cold drink called (of course) a
hurricane.  It tasted sweet -- more like a soft drink than a
killer concoction.  I was so thirsty I drank it pretty fast and
started another.  I don't recall what happened after that.  %^)

Other times I've been there to visit friends and listen to jazz.
There was always something fun to do at night and people were
mostly friendly.

> Reminded me of a carnival...not the fun kind..the
> kind with sleazy toothless ride operators that pick
> your pocket while you're trying to have fun...

Like anywhere else, you need to be careful or you'll get taken.

> We took a carriage ride and got kidnapped to a
> time-share hotel tour...

I had a similar experience in Orlando.  We looked at the place,
said we weren't interested and would like to be taken back to our
vehicle.  They insisted we stay for the entire presentation.  I
sent the kids to "try out" the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms,
etc., and they relented.  :^)

> I had to threathen the "guide" to let us leave.  I
> told him I'd throw him out the window if they
> didn't show us the way out of the building.

You should have called Jiminex.  He's got this hammer and... umm,
never mind.

> Aside from the human tragedies here, IMO that
> town needs a good flushing...

Are you saying the flood was a good thing?

> How stupid will it be to rebuild a city below sea level.
> Built a new seaport and move the town to higher
> ground... that's my opinion.

It's might be a good idea to move to higher ground.
Unfortunately, the cost would be beyond the national budget.
Even with the massive damage seen so far, much of the city can be
repaired and rebuilt for far less cost than starting from
scratch.  Can you imagine the price tag on building a complete
new city of 2+ million people?

Obviously, the human cost of repeating earlier mistakes is beyond
a price tag, but not in the minds of those who control the
national purse strings.  The administration only wants to spend
unlimited funds on war.  "Homeland Security" is a practical joke
played on the American people by the Bush administration.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms