Re: "Blanks" kill actors

Shaun Eli <missingchild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1126557040.842725.54110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Okay, first of all, cars are used for transportation and it's only a
> bad side-effect that people are killed.

A side effect?? No. People are killed because of their own carelessness or
the carelessness of others. There are no accidents; nearly all traffic
collisions are the result of  vehicle code violations.Guns are used by
law-abiding people as tools for self defense and sport. It is because of an
irresponsible few that people are killed or injured by them.

>  A hundred million cars in this
> country are used probably on average a half-hour a day.  Guns?  Not so
> much.

Donno, I am in possession of a firearm at least as often as I am in my car.
Haven't shot anyone yet.

> Furthermore, we have A LOT of laws to protect children in cars.

We have a lot of laws to protect people from criminals. They're not working
so well.

> Cars and drivers are licensed, we have thousands of traffic police, and
> traffic laws, and stop signs, and speed limits, and seat belt laws, and
> child seat laws-- AND TESTING before they LET YOU DRIVE.

And yet we still have a bunch of careless, irresponsible licensed drivers,
don't we?

>Oh, and bicycle helmets.

Yes. Let's not forget about that. Let's all thank the government for that
one. God forbid we should just look out for ourselves.
You need to take a good look at your argument, If you can be honest with
yourself.  If not, your mind is just full of liberal mush.
js