Re: "Blanks" kill actors

If you believe that even a conservative newspaper like the NY Post
deliberately omits news stories that show gun owners using their guns
to stop criminals, and that this happens several hundred thousand times
a year yet a vast conspiracy is keeping this out of the news, I don't
know what more I can say to you.

Except we do agree on much-- obviously a safety course isn't going to
force a trigger lock on someone, but it may make them realize the
advantages.  Just like all those gory driver ed films probably do get
some students to think about seat belts, not driving drunk, etc.  And
before you start saying that they're ineffective, I think thirty or
forty years of actuarial studies would prove that wrong.

As far as the NRA doing something 'right' because they have a lot of
supporters, well, doing something that favors their members doesn't
make it right.

And in addition to the news stories about kids finding daddy's gun and
shooting little Timmy by accident, there are also news stories about
daddy going to jail.  Yes, they lock him up.  Sometimes even when it's
his OWN kid who died.