Re: "Blanks" kill actors

Bob La Londe wrote:

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>Curious about Leuck's comment in another thread, I did a Google
>>>on the subject and found the following two items:
>>>
>>>"On October 12, 1984, model-actor Jon-Erik Hexum playfully put a
>>>blank-loaded pistol to his head on the set of the TV spy show
>>>"Cover Up." The concussion forced fragments of his skull into his
>>>brain, and he died six days later."
>>
>>That was the guy
>

> Which I always found interesting since the wadding and powder charge
> obviously exit the barrel of the gun when fired.  Of course nowadays many
> shooting exhibition and acting teams do demos at the start of most shows
> demonstrating the short range destructive powers of blanc cartridges by
> destroying aluminum cans etc.

When I was doing IT support for a digital-arts school a few years ago,
they had a group of local tv/movie industry behind-the-scenes folks come
in (props people and such) to do various demonstrations for groups of
high-school kids that were in for a between-semesters tour.

First thing the props master did when they got to prop guns was
demonstrate the destructive power of "blanks"... by blasting holes
through chunks of cardboard.

Was a very impressive and sobering demonstration.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-2, 09/19/2005
Tested on: 9/20/2005 12:17:29 AM