Re: "Blanks" kill actors

news:QIadnZ2dnZ0YuUa_nZ2dncmmg96dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Curious about Leuck's comment in another thread, I did a Google
> > on the subject and found the following two items:
> >
> > "On October 12, 1984, model-actor Jon-Erik Hexum playfully put a
> > blank-loaded pistol to his head on the set of the TV spy show
> > "Cover Up." The concussion forced fragments of his skull into his
> > brain, and he died six days later."
>
> That was the guy

Which I always found interesting since the wadding and powder charge
obviously exit the barrel of the gun when fired.  Of course nowadays many
shooting exhibition and acting teams do demos at the start of most shows
demonstrating the short range destructive powers of blanc cartridges by
destroying aluminum cans etc.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com