Re: Alarm receiver simulator software

Bill wrote:
> I tried finding the emulation software, but was unsuccessful.
> I found something else that looks very complex that may or may not work.
> If someone could take a look and explain how this works exactly I would be
> grateful. It looks like it needs Linux to work.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+AlarmReceiver
>

> I need a software program that can run in the background and handle the
> modem translations.
>
> I will be using the 5540 Silent Knight software and would like to hook a
> standard modem to the panel.
> I need some way of having the application answer the call and send the ack
> tone sequence then wait for the panel to send the alarm.
> I'm not sure if I need the kiss-off tone or not.
> If I can get the panel to talk to the modem I should be able to make this
> work.
> If you have any ideas please share.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill
> simard@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Alarm Receiver in Asterisk only does the Contact Id Format, if that
will suffice for you. You would then need a FXO (Foreign Exchange
Office) device to connect to a telephone line or a FXS (Foreign Exchange
Station)to connect to a phone set or panel etc. By far the easiest to
use would be the IAXY (FXS) from digium.com. You should be able to
connect your panel directly to it.