Re: ADT Security Canada

The blame lies with the local governments and NOT the Federal
Government.
National Guard troops from outside states can only be ordered into
another state  during a time of insurrection, or at the request of the
State. To send the military in without insurrection is unconstitutional
and a violation os State's Rights. The State is responsible for
requesting aid from the military.
FEMA couldn't operate in many areas due to the armed thugs patrolling
the streets. The New Orleans Police shouldn't be excused from the blame
game since most of their force abandoned their positions.
The shame is all the focus being given to New Orleans (where residents
had ample warning to evacuate) & yet very little coverage to cities in
Mississippi above sea level that are wiped off of the map.
Rather than trying to figure out who is at fault for what we as an
industry should do what we can to help. While most of us cannot pack up
shop and move south we should extend any offers of employment that we
can to the displaced installers, sales reps, admin staff, or
telemarketers. These people no longer have homes, so relocation
shouldn't be much of an issue. For every job created there is one less
person on the government dole which in turn helps reduce the burdens on
the taxpayers.
My company is shipping child identification kits to the affected
region, and would encourage others to send what you can as well. These
children are now under the same roof with the lowest of the low due to
the current inability to accurately identify criminals being housed in
the shelters.
For those of you who don't believe it affects us just read a few posts
of guys whining about travel costs, and the price increases we're
starting to see at the supply hubs.