Re: Alarm receiver simulator software

I tried finding the emulation software, but was unsuccessful.
I found something else that looks very complex that may or may not work.
If someone could take a look and explain how this works exactly I would be
grateful. It looks like it needs Linux to work.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+AlarmReceiver

I need a software program that can run in the background and handle the
modem translations.

I will be using the 5540 Silent Knight software and would like to hook a
standard modem to the panel.
I need some way of having the application answer the call and send the ack
tone sequence then wait for the panel to send the alarm.
I'm not sure if I need the kiss-off tone or not.
If I can get the panel to talk to the modem I should be able to make this
work.
If you have any ideas please share.

Thanks

Bill