Re: Calling Any and All High-Tech Criminals

Al Colombo wrote:
> Hi Jim.  Actually, the manufacturers of these biometric devices say
> that to cut out an eye or off with a finger would not work. In very
> short order the physical characteristics of the removed eye or finger
> would change because there is no more blood, no more blood pressure,
> and thus it would be highly unlikely that the reader could identify it
> because the physical attributes have been altered greatly.  Now, when
> they go to a genetic identifier, perhaps we could have a problem.  I'm
> sure they'll have to deal with that as well if these goodies are going
> to become mainstream one day.

Well, I've certainly not even investigated Bio access equipment, but
I'd suggest that they would deny that the use of an amputated body
part, would work even if they didn't actually "know" it wouldn't work.

Yet ....... they can't make  finger print ID work if there's bright sun
light around. So, these devices are smart enough to tell when someone
finger is cut off but not smart enough to recognize a finger print if
the sun is too bright ........ Yeup ... Uh huh!