Re: "Magnet tamper" for surface mount contact?

> I would think any crook astute enough to unscrew the magnet and affix it
> to the sensor prior to opening the door (especially one who came in
> through the ceiling to avoid the alarm), seems to know enough about alarms
> to seek out a recessed switch - if he/she knew how...

If he had the skills to get that far, you're right, he could then defeat the
magnetic contact.  He wouldn't need to touch the magnet though.  Most
contacts do not have built-in EOLRs so all he'd need to do is short the
wires coming out the side of the surface mounted contact.

However, none of this would really be necessary.  If he's gotten in
undetected and there is no motion detector, all he needs to do is pile the
goodies up by the door and then open it when he's ready to leave.  He'll
have everything in his car and be long gone before the CS ever calls the
police.  Never mind the time it will take to pry an officer loose from his
donuts and...   :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass