Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

Yes, I've seen the Next Alarm writeup. Seems it might be a solution;
however, it's not available in Canada

I hope that things do improve with VoIP to the point where it is genuinely
usable with alarm panels. It's no solution at all to simply dismiss the
problem, although quite honestly, at the moment, a land line IS the only
solution if you want reliability as part of your alarm communication
connection. ADT have a greater vested interest than anyone here due to the
sheer size of their customer base, and they say quite bluntly, no connection
over VoIP is currently acceptable.
If you do find a solution to the issue, please let us know how it works out,
because for the moment, I have no option but to tell my clients, there is no
solution (and that's NOT an acceptable answer....)

Signed...Frustrated as hell...

RHC