Re: Multiple magnets, one zone, EOL resistor. Never works!

"Total nerd" <geekboy0001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Don't be silly.  The magnet switch has two leads.  I cut the yellow
> wire and join one cut end with one lead and the other cut end with the
> other lead.  That makes the magnet complete the circuit or leave it
> open, acting like a switch.  Look, this stuff isn't rocket science, I
> know how to make a magnet act like a switch in a series circuit, I just
> don't think I fully understand what the panel is looking for when it
> expects an EOL resistor in a series circuit.  I show 2.2K ohms on the
> meter when all switches are closed, but the panel thinks it's an open
> zone?

Heh.
Nobody's being silly. You referred to a window contact as a magnet. It's
not. The magnet is what activates the contact. Everyone knew what you meant,
and most just overlook your clumsy grasp of the nomenclature since you are a
novice. Crash pointed out your mistake, in a good natured way IMO. Now you
come off like you were absolutely correct, and go right for the "it's not
rocket science" crap. You obviously still believe that a switch is a magnet,
or visa-versa, proving that you don't know what the fuck you're doing. Or
maybe you can explain to us dummies how you can "make a magnet act like a
switch in a series circuit".
js