Re: LCD Etching

"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1129739577.fac4a52918e79e6f90a37793f803362c@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I had never experienced it before that job, but its pretty bizarre.  Since
> didn't supply the monitors I wasn't too worried about it.  Basically there
> are artifacts left on the screen.  The worst is where you get the bright
> imaging from the on screen text.
>
> When I looked into it I had two different LCD mfgs (probably relabelers)
> tell me it was common for that type application.

Who are the manufacturers??  I have monitors up and running all day and none
have demonstrated "etching" or "artifacts on the screen".

> I have only a handful of sites with LCD monitors (all Sharp) and I had
> never
> encountered it before, but I like to do jobs, take the money, and not have
> to do any service on them or have to make excuses for poor performance.  I
> figured before supplying a flat screen for this customer I would ask
> around
> again.

Check that the customer has the proper drivers installed for the monitor(s)
they're using.  If it's an "embedded" DVR that's going to be tough to do
though.  Most often there may be "compatibility" issues and a list of
approved monitors to run with the specific machine.  The problem may also be
the video card and not with the monitor itself.  You could test this
utilizing another monitor (if the customer has the manuals for the machine
make sure it's one that complies with the DVR manufacturer's "recommended"
specifications).