LCD Etching

I did a video job a couple years ago where the customer insisted on buying
their own LCD flat screen monitors.  I don't recall what brand they used,
but they stared to suffer from etching almost immediately.  When I was
looking into that I was told almost all LCD monitors will etch fairly
quickly when used in that type of application.  Usually within days and with
some within hours the bright text will start to etch.

I have a little ten inch Sharp LCD I have had for many years that I use for
a test monitor and occasionally for part of a loaner system when I have to
send a monitor off for repairs.  It has always had a great picture and has
never shown any signs of etching even when operated on a fixed quad system
for over six months.

I have a customer who wants me to loop out and install a flat screen for one
of their cameras.  Naturally I thought of Sharp.

As I flip through my TV catalog I notice that Sharp seems to have two lines.
One is just Sharp and the other is Sharp Aquos.  Anybody have any recent
experience with either of these for fixed view CCTV applications regarding
etching or lack thereof?

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com