Re: Commercial Alarm - help

"J. Sloud" <jsloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e0rnl1h0ipa9u0tqqrj04anv8hevfarn7l@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:54:56 -0400, "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >And what was ADT's answer to false alarms...
> >Sonitrash's two way audio has to be a little better than holding your
dick
> >in your hand?
> >"Always Dial Twice"....priceless
> >That's a joke John.
> >

> I thought it was America's Drinking Team.  At least that what they
> told me when I signed up.
>
> My answer to the false alarm problem is quite simple - no unverified
> police response.  That's really the only answer.  Verification can be
> be ASI response or video.  IMO, audio verification just isn't
> sufficient.
>
> Sonitrol's method of listening for a break-in and then deciding
> whether or not to dispatch was a cool idea ten years ago.  It's just
> been surpassed by video now.

I disagree with you on 2-way voice as it is a very good method of
verification and we have a couple of hundred thousand panels using it. The
problem with video is and shall be for quite a while the method of
transmission and cost. Those two problems are okay for a business
application but something else for residential

I don't know Sonitrol's exact method of voice verification or equipment used
but I imagine it does the job quite well