Re: Compass Software

news:1128533654.849143.325690@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Robertm wrote:
>> In my view the problem began with professionals trying to bait a DIY by
>> telling the OP that he was welcome to go to that web site and they even
>> said
>> it was free, all the while knowing that the site was password protected
>> and
>> knowing it isn't free. I would think a professional response would have
>> been
>> to tell the OP that it is professional software and limited to use by
>> professionals. But no, the pro's like to toy with DIY. For what purpose?
>> Are
>> DIY really that much of a threat to the industry that professionals must
>> be
>> put aside sound business practices to play games with people? What goes
>> around comes around. These things only provoke someone else to post the
>> password even if it may be wrong to do so.
>>

> I don't know about you, but why don't you go back and read the OP's
> post. At first glance, it appeared to me that he was a dealer and had
> lost his copy. Why would anyone assume that an end user was in
> possesion of the compass software?
> That is ..... anyone who hadn't been doing business with slimeball Bass.

I agree I may have made a wrong assumption, but that does not mean that
every wrong comment must be associated with Mr. Bass. I have not transacted
any business with Mr. Bass. I have no association with Mr. Bass. Any
discussion I've had with Mr. Bass has been posted on the NG and open for
anyone to read. Your reasoning is that you disagree with Mr. Bass, therefore
if you disagree with anyone, they must be a Mr. Bass customer or friend or
whatever.  Paranoia? Mr. Bass lurking behind every rock and tree?

Bob