Re: Firelite Power problems

To add to the rant on Firelite:
Had a 5024 installed by another Dealer about 4 years ago- then Nassau
County Fire Marshal wants 24Hr test and Central Staion on a Residential
Group Home! Obliged by Installing a 411 dialer. Alls well till beginning
of last month- getting "Zone 2 Tbl- 1 sec on then a restore
intermittently- "oh its the Dialer" "oh its the Phone Lines", this that
and the other thing! After Tightening all connection, testing the DACT,
replacing the Batteries, checking ALL Eol's, and connections I then
start getting "Phone 1 Tbls" intermingled with the Phantom Zn 2 Tbl-
After service call #3 - YES,---- There is crosstalk and hum on Phone 1
AND Their FAx line is shorting with Panel Phone 1----BUT WAIT! As I am
PHYSICALLY standing in front of the Panel and looking directly at it- I
hear the sonalert beep twice and I WATCH the Panel TBL Light Blink
on/off, on /off then Simultaneously the Panel "Power" TBL lite comes on
with the Generic TBL lite, both blink twice then stop! Sounds to me from
the thread that the Panel Power/Charging CKT is the Problem!!!!! Replace
Main Board (not me- the original dealer) guess what- NO MORE PROBLEM.
Which is why I INSIST ON INSTALLING SILENT KNIGHT!
Mike S