> > "J. Sloud" <jsloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > dick
> > > >

> > > I thought it was America's Drinking Team.  At least that what they
> > > told me when I signed up.
> > >
> > > My answer to the false alarm problem is quite simple - no unverified
> > > police response.  That's really the only answer.  Verification can be
> > > be ASI response or video.  IMO, audio verification just isn't
> > > sufficient.
> >
> > I have to agree. No verification, no response, period.
> >
> > > Sonitrol's method of listening for a break-in and then deciding
> > > whether or not to dispatch was a cool idea ten years ago.  It's just
> > > been surpassed by video now.
> >
> > I think audio aides when it's two-way. But it's now cheaper to be 100%
> > correct with video.
>
> Okay so how do you propose video verification on someone without
broadband?
> Only one I can think of is OzVision

By explaining the benefits of broadband. If people are dumb enough to
subscribe to AOL dial-up at 30 bucks a month, they can very easily
understand the transition. Paying for a second line to do dial-up video
verification isn't the answer IMO. Just look at the transmission costs in
comparison, along with what you'll need at the Central. I've built a 48
position Interactive CMF using all dial-up...the costs are painful, and
passed on to the end users. It's also slow and not very efficient...but it
does work. I just see what it costs both parties to implement.