Re: Brinks security system is dead

"bdebj2" <djoiner3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MhU0f.16915$Q53.9234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> no one seems to want to take responsibility for the problem...
> the manufacturer of the x-former says it's a problem with the electric co.
>  brinks says it's a problem with the x-former...
> there will be no charge (1)because brinks will not charge for a "disaster"
> (2) it won't take longer than an hour....the reason they say the first
hour
> is free
> is just incase there is flooding in the house or some other kind of home
> damage where wires would have to be re-ran, or equipment moved, brinks is
> not
> stuck hiolding the bill for a 4 hour remodel.....
>
> no, brinks does not download the programming on a regular basis....
> if the system is non op, there is nothing they can do...at all...the most
> common form
> of them downloading any kind of programming is to either change
> a master code, or to disable the system for a cust who is moving...
> it is impossible for them to download the entire configuration if the
> system is not up and running...

No, I realize that. I just know, having done installation/service for Brinks
in the past, that when a tech was on site, they would set up the panel, call
in with the code word for the day/week, and the panel was then downloaded.
Than they would have the tech, or if it was a new construction install, have
the client, which ever the case my be, send signals.