Re: Ever done this?

I once did not know that a water flow valve also was wired to trip the main
power to a building. (This was something new at the time.) So I tested the
water flow for the alarm and off goes the building power! Building manager
was not pleased....

Then another time I forgot a direct wire fire system in a high-rise was also
wired to bring all the elevators to the ground floor and *leave* them there
until the direct wire was reset. The testing I was doing left all the
elevators down. About 15 minutes after I started my testing, an angry
building manager and several building maintenance guys stormed through the
sub-basement door. Said; "Do you know you have all the elevators down on the
first floor?" I said; "Oops, sorry!" - Then I quickly bypassed the elevator
trip with a jumper and attempted to hide in the corner....