Re: Ever done this?

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:39:15 -0400, JoeRaisin <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
<bad day snipped for brevity>

I've got two...

The first one was when I did a fire alarm test in a phone/data
switching room for Sprint. There was a relay inside the panel to shut
down the equipment in case of fire, and to prevent this, you pulled
the relay off of it's base. But, no one told me that, and I managed to
knock most of the people in my county off AOL with a little puff of
canned smoke!

The second involved a dry system. I moved from Southeast Texas to
Indiana. Back home, I'd never seen a dry system, so I barely knew what
it was. So, when I turned the inspector's test valve, I was surprised
that AIR seemed to be coming out instead of water.. Oops. Had to get
teh sprinkler company out to drain and re-pressurize the lines, and I
never opened a valve without asking again!