Re: Telephones Out US West Coast?

Frank Olson wrote:
> "Armond Perretta" <newsgroupreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
>>
>> I am going to try for a fuller explanation from NextAlarm ... I am not
>> quite comfortable with how this particular problem was handled.
>
> Nor should you be.  While nothing happened to you, another customer
> may not have faired quite so well...

It appears that the outage on the West Coast was beyond the control of
NextAlarm.  In suggesting that "Internet service was out" I presume they
mean that dial-up connections were disrupted and that some VoIP service was
affected.  This makes more sense than did their original message to me.

Meanwhile, where was their backup?  Is there not a requirement that UL
listed services must maintain a backup communications system?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat