Re: Tamper Contacts

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:01:09 -0700, "Will"
<DELETE_westes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>We are commercial not residential.  I'm inferring this from your
>wires while the alarm system is disabled?
>
>If someone cuts the wire without the tamper wire in place, won't the panel
>sense this by some other means?    On an Ademco 128BP, there would be no
>message on the panel?
>
>What if someone cuts the wire while the system is enabled?   Does tamper
>help in this case?

Tamper would be used to notify someone that the cover was removed from
the detector by possibly unauthorized persons. It is required to be
connected to a 24 hour zone on all UL and ULC installations.

Terry
Securitech Security Services
Ontario, Canada
www.securitech.ca

"We started the under $10 thing, So... shut up!"