Re: Wireless Door Lock Sensor

I did an access control system for a Nationwide Home Builder's Headquarters.
36 doors.
$1,700.00 for the Mahogany door. $900 for the powered mortise handle, gold
plated (cost). Can't remember what the powered hinges were, seemed like
around $3/400. HID Prox readers, 1078 door contact. And yes, I drilled all
them freakin doors! I have to say though...it was nice when it was done.
I've seen the mortise handles in the 5K range. The cylinder lock sets aren't
too bad, they start around $80 and go up. You still need the powered hinge
though, and they're still a few hundred bucks.
$99.00 alarm with a $2,750.00 door lock! You could sell them all day in AZ
Crash!

> Man, I did a custom home a few years back with motorized bolts with locked
> status...what a freeking pain. The door itself had to be drilled for the
> lock wiring which then connected to special hinges with carried voltage
etc.
> Needless to say it was a very very expensive install. I was really glad I
> didn't havet to install the lockset and the door guys somehow drilled the
> longitudinal hole for they're wires which made it easy for us. The cost
with
> the custom door, door frame, hardware, lockset, our prox readers had to
have
> come close to 10K per door.
>
> I know most homeowners are not in the above bracket...indeed some wouldn't
> even pay 100 bucks per door.
>

> "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | Bill, relax. You're going into hyperdrive. There are many manufacturers
> who
> | have been doing this type of application for years. The nicest, but not
> | cheapest, way to secure a residential door is by utilizing a power lever
> | set. The handle provides truly "locked" feedback, and can be used in
> | conjunction with a door "shunt"switch/contact. It gets away from
> installing
> | a door strike into the frame, which doesn't offer the locked status of
the
> | lever.
> | Here's the Manufacturer we use  www.marksusa.com
> |

> | "Bill" <bill190nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | > The problem with "door lock sensors" would be; the locks themselves,
the
> | > doors, the jambs, and maintenance/replacement of all of these.
> | >
> | > Wood doors will grow or shrink with humidity changes. So if you have a
> | > switch in the jamb which detects that a dead bolt is thrown, you may
> have
> | > trouble adjusting it if the door is growing and shrinking with
humidity
> | > changes.
> | >
> | > Then hinges will come lose and the alignment of the door may change.
> | >
> | > Switches located in the jamb would need maintenance and adjustment.
Say