Re: Wireless Door Lock Sensor

Man, I did a custom home a few years back with motorized bolts with locked
status...what a freeking pain. The door itself had to be drilled for the
lock wiring which then connected to special hinges with carried voltage etc.
Needless to say it was a very very expensive install. I was really glad I
didn't havet to install the lockset and the door guys somehow drilled the
longitudinal hole for they're wires which made it easy for us. The cost with
the custom door, door frame, hardware, lockset, our prox readers had to have
come close to 10K per door.

I know most homeowners are not in the above bracket...indeed some wouldn't
even pay 100 bucks per door.