Re: Question on DLS software

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AMqdnfkL4az3nc7enZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Aaaagh.....must have taken the design from the 5010 that caught on fire
for
> one of my customers, and was taken by the DSC technical director when he
was
> visiting at Tried.....:(
> (...still didn't get the replacement board he said he was going to send
> me....)
>
> Seriously, though, the current version of the 5010 handles SIA format; why
> is anyone suggesting a new version to add this format ?
>
> RHC

It's not a new SIA format its a new panel to comply with SIA standards
relating to entry/exit delay restrictions, dialer delay etc.

For instance it now has a 15 second minimum dialer delay, 30 second minimum
entry delay etc, same thing went for the 1555 v3.2. Honeywell and GE also
have SIA complient panels now. Some of it makes sense but some of it is
stupid and will be annoying to customers in my opinion