Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > ...VoIP will not work reliably enough to ever
> > be counted on for security purposes...
>
> Don't be too sure, Robert.  You can be fairly certain that alarm
> manufacturers are working on this already.  The telecommunications
universe
> is evolving faster than many other fields.  Alarm manufacturers have two
> choices: develope VoIP compatible communicators or become obsolete.
>
> > I'd be very suspicious of any company that
> > says they can do it reliably, or suggest "it
> > is not problem for us"...
>
> There are workarounds though they sound a bit less secure than a
> conventional line.

You just said earlier that you would help the OP get into this "work around'
senerio and now here it sounds like you haven't even investigated it much
less have any confidence in it. You must see a fast buck somewhere, Snidely.

  I'm
> changing my company's phone system into a "virtual office" space.  We'll
> have a single number to dial and an auto-attendant to distribute calls
> between employees in three US states plus one office in Brazil.  The new
> system will allow us to instantaneously transfer a caller between stations
> anywhere in the world.

What in the hell does this have to do with the discussion! Drinking to much
of that bath tub hootch down there?

> It appears that VoIP is not quite ready for prime time when it comes to
> alarm system digital communicators.

Then why are offering to help this guy get through on it instead of telling
him it is unrealiable? You have really shown your true colors on this one
Robert!