Re: Paradox Magellan 6060 flawed?

I can't comment on any of the other all in one systems because for the
reasons previously stated, they simply don't meet the standards of a true,
professional alarm system (IMO). So I don't use them !

However, the Magellan uses the same wireless Paradox components that can be
part of a Spectra or Digiplex hybrid system, so I do have some experience
with the wireless components. I can't tell you the absolute range, but I can
tell you their signal strength is excellent. They rarely show a signal
strength of less than 7 out of a maximum of 8 in any installations I have
done even in some VERY large homes.

The keyfob seems to work reliably for about 100 feet; I haven't tried it
further than that...

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada