Re: Paradox Magellan 6060 flawed?

You might try calling the company and asking; their tech support is very
good, and it's been my experience they will tell you "the way it is" even
when that doesn't always reflect well on them. But that level of tech
support is only available to dealers so I don't know if that applies to you
or not

However, the Magellan is another of the "squawk in a box" type systems that
is hardly what anyone should consider a true, serious alarm system. It was
initially designed for small trailers and apartments etc, but it's primary
purpose seems to be to satisfy the insatiable appetite of the mass marketers
for selling long term monitoring contracts with the need for an absolute
minimum of actual installation work. Its biggest flaw in my opinion is that
the dialer is built into the unit itself, and is not remotely located like
some others. Most typical installations likely wouldn't even have line
exclusion, so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to defeat these types of
systems.

I would agree with you on the lack of rolling code technology being a
missing feature, but that is FAR from their biggest weakness. IMO, it's not
likely that any thief capable enough to capture the codes would be
interested in any home where one of these devices was installed. That's the
stuff of Hollywood movies !!

RHC