Re: Napco report burg only when armed?

Total nerd wrote:
> Hi.  I have a Napco 3200 with a zone detecting flood water.  I have it
> alarm at the keypad sounder and report to central station which calls
> me on my home and cell phone.  It doesn't output the burg siren for
> obvious reasons.  This works well and it has actually saved me from a
> basement flood once.
> My question is -- is there a way to program the panel to call central
> station ONLY if it's armed away (not interior bypassed)?  I would even
> tolerate it calling if it's armed at all, even on interior bypass.  It
> just seems silly to call anyone when it's in the middle of the day, I'm
> home, it's not armed, and the keypad is screaming at me that there's a
> flood anyway.  I can put an alarm delay I suppose, but I was more
> wondering about a general setting in this regard?
> Thanks

Try programing that zone for "trouble on Night open"

I don't remember exactly how that reports and I don't know what format
you're using to report to central station, but this should only report
when the system is armed. It wont know the difference between home and
away, but it will only report when it's armed. Regardless of which
reporting format you're using,  you'll have to notify central station
about how you want them to respond. There are other issues with regard
to if it will cause the keypad to beep also. You'll have to experiment
with other options along with the "trouble on night open" to see if it
will do what you want. I think the keypad wont beep when it's armed, so
you may have to program this zone to activate the aux relay and put a
seperate sounder on that output, if you *don't* want your loud  alarm
sounder, but do want a local alert. I don't use this feature, myself,
so you'll have to experiment a little. This should give you a lead.