Re: Hell South Security or Bell South Security from Protection One

The deal is they, like government workers, get paid by the hour.  That
is real incentive to get the job done, right....or, more like job done
right.

The business model also takes that into consideration.  They would
rather pay by the hour, and pay less to the installers, and build the
business slowly, than pay by the piece like ADT does, and get rush
jobs.

The problem is that the model they are using ties up resources, and
torques customers when they have to wait most of the time, three or
four weeks to get installed.  In a real rush, they will do it faster.
There is no incentive on the part of anyone to get anything done
quickly.  That is a crappy model if you ask me.  I worked for a
furniture company up north selling furniture.  Everyone from the
delivery guys, the regional manager, the sales reps., the customer
service rep's., on down to the repair guys got paid a commission.  It
was based on "completed satisfied customers with no returns or damages,
and it was in EVERYONE's best interests to get it done right the first
time quickly.  We all made good money.  Hell South from Protection One
doesn't get it.