Re: Car Alarm: LED Flashes to beat of stereo

"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Sam" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chad Wahls" <cwahls@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> :
>> : Well I was meaning, maybe you did this.  Pull the fuse, put the fuse
>> : back in, the moment you put it in does the LED flash?  Maybe the alarm
>> : control unit is seeing a low voltage and "turning off" the logic,
>> : therefore everytime the voltage drop ends (end of beat impulse) the LED
>> : flashes as if the power was re-applied.
>>
>> Any idea which fuse it would be?  As I didn't do the install myself I
>> don't know which fuse it's linked to.
>

> It's voltage induction. the poster who said "that's unlikely" has no clue.
> Every time the bass hits, the induction is just enough to flash the led.
> Re-routing the led wire or speaker wire will solve the issue.

Bullshit, unless the has both of them wrapped around a ferrite, the LED has
WAY too low of an impedance and WAY too high of a forward turn on voltage to
even see it.

IF it were happening from induction.  The LED would only flash at PEAK of
ONE EDGE of the  WAVEFORM impulse and would have to have a LC CIRCUIT to
hold it on to be visible remember it's a damn diode.  Wanna do some math?  I
have wiring all over coming out of amps WAY more powerful than a car amp and
have never had induction problems in such confines.  Running a 70.7V
constant voltage line along a high impedance mic cable for 100' MAY cause
induction problems but an LED wire in a dash, get real.  It's car audio not
broadcast.

> Try disconnecting that mounted led at the controller, and hooking up
> another led at the controller without running the wiring near any other
> wiring. Doesn't do it anymore, does it?

5 bucks says it does.  Must be the same brand of LED or with very similar
characteristics.  I'll Paypal you.

Chad